- Best Paper Award at international workshop WristSense 2022 - The Eighth Workshop on Sensing Systems and Applications Using Wrist Worn Smart Devices co-located with PerCom 2022 - The 20th International Conference on Pervasive Computing and Communications, CORE A* (March 21-25, 2022) for the paper entitled The cold start problem and per-group personalization in real-life emotion recognition with wearables.
- Paper entitled "Social Networks on the Internet" (WWW Journal) has been recognized as the Highly Cited Paper in Web of Science for 2 months in 2015 and for 4 months in 2016, i.e. it was among 1% top cited papers of computer science worldwide
- Board member of Network Science Society, since 2015.
- Elected leader of Polish Chapter of Network Science Society, since 2016.
- Senior member IEEE (Institute of Electrical and Electronics Engineers), since 2012
- Best Paper Award at international conference SocInfo 2011 for the paper: Bródka P., Saganowski P., Kazienko P.: Tracking Group Evolution in Social Networks. SocInfo'11, The Third International Conference on Social Informatics, 6-8 October, 2011, Singapore, LNCS 6984, Springer, 2011, pp. 316-319.
- Best Paper Award Nomination at international conference AMCIS 2010 (15 nominacji na ponad 600 referatów) for the paper: Kajdanowicz T., Kazienko P.: A Method for Business Sequential Data Prediction. AMCIS 2010, 16th Americas Conference on Information Systems, August 12-15, 2010, Lima, Peru, Association for Information Systems (AIS), AMCIS 2010 Proceedings, Paper 537, AIS Electronic Library (AISeL).
- Best Paper Award at international conference WSKS 2008 for the paper: Musiał K., Kazienko P., Kajdanowicz T.: Social Recommendations within the Multimedia Sharing Systems. The First World Summit on the Knowledge Society, WSKS'08, September 24-28, 2008, Athens, Greece, Springer, LNCS 5288, 2008, pp. 364-372.
- British Telecom Research Fellowship, UK, 2008
- The list of keynote / invited talk is available here
National / local level
- Boad member of KRAB - Krajowa Rada Koordynatorów Projektów Badawczych UE
- Scholarship for distinguished research granted by the Rector of Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, 2017.
- "Laur Dziekana" - The best researcher at Faculty of Computer Science and Management granted by the Dean, 2017, 2018, 2019.
- The best PhD Thesis in Poland in 2012/13 granted by Polish Artificial Intelligence Society (PSSI), as supervisor, PhD student: Tomasz Kajdanowicz.
- Rector's Award: 2001, 2014, 2010, 2012-21
- The President of Poland - a Bronze Medal for Long-standing Service, 2009
- Gold Badge of Wroclaw Univeristy of Technology, 2008
- The best student research project (as the supervisor), 2008