Recent research topics.
My research focus on several domains enumerated below. Its results can be found in my papers and theses of my students
- Emotion recognition from physiological signals and wearables
- Reasoning personalization for subjective textual content: aggressiveness, controversy, conformity, hate speech, offensivness
- Emotions and textual content.
- Machine learning, especially multimodal deep learning, representationj learning (graphs, signals, text), reasoning for linguistic and social networks, collective classification.
- Complex networks, especially social networks and social network analysis (SNA).
The main, recent research areas in the domain of SN include:
- Spread of influence in complex networks, especially in temporal ones
- Models for temporal networks
- Analysis of multilayer social networks; their extraction; measures in multilayer SNs; clustering and prediction of groups, etc.
- Classification in social networks, collective classification
- Sentiment and emotion analysis
- Social networks in evaluation of organizational structures
- Application of social network analysis in marketing, telecommunication, latent knowledge acquisition, and analysis of criminal networks
Former interest domains; recently not explored intensively:
- Prediction of future research domains taht will develop the most in the nearest future.
- Evaluation of research grants.
- Multiple model systems and hybrid prediction (classification), multi-label classification, especially for complex structures in output (structured output prediction), e.g. sequences, graphs.
- Data analyses for medical data, see TRANSFoRm - Translational Research and Patient Safety in Europe.
- Recommender systems
- Project ROSA (Remote Open Site Agents) - web recommender system - the part of the general concept of "adaptive web sites". The prototype not maintained any more.
- The extension of ROSA was AdROSA - the system for personalized web adversiting (banners).
- WindOwls - prototype e-commerce on windsurfing, in which 5 recommendation methods were integrated in the personalized and adaptive way; implemented by Paweł Kołodziejski.
- The International Workshop on Recommender Agents and Adaptive Web-based Systems - RAAWS 2005. A special issue International Journal of Computer Science & Applications, Vol. 3 Issue 3, 2006.
- RAAWS 2006 at KES 2006, a special issue of New Generation Computing.
- Data mining in the web environment - web mining; association rules mining, especially negative ones.
- Databases for simple devices - modular databases.
- Aplications and the future of languages derivered from XML.
- Data security: electronic signature and intrusion detection systems.
- Content management systems (CMS).
- Information Retrieval in the Internet environment.